Why not make this a DIY holiday? The geezer is not suggesting you use your carpentry skills to build your grown kids an armoire or solder together a tricycle for your grandkids.
For nothing or next to nothing you can:
- Create a storybook using family photos.
- Adopt a puppy from your local Animal Shelter.
- Print out a booklet of favorite family recipes.
- Burn a CD of you singing holiday carols karaoke style.
- Have t-shirts printed with a quirky family message.
- Make a coupon book of offers to babysit.
Check the web for more ideas at sites like: